Phifer Incorporated (“we,” “us” or “Phifer”) is committed to protecting any personal information that you provide to us through web sites owned and operated by Phifer, including www.phifer.com (the “Web Site”). We believe it is important for you to know how we protect your personal information to deliver you the best user experience possible. This Privacy Notice pertains to information that is collected online, unless otherwise noted herein.
I. Information We Collect
We collect two types of information about you when you visit our Web Site: personally identifiable information and non-personal, aggregate information (such as information regarding the pages on our Web Site that you have visited and your IP address).
(A) Personally Identifiable Information
“Personally Identifiable Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, dates of birth, financial information, or company name. We collect and store the personal information that you have provided to us. Here are some examples of the ways in which we may collect your personal information on the Web Site:
- We collect information volunteered by you through our online forms and programs, email initiated by you and site visit data. During your visit to this website you may initiate a transaction, such as requesting a quote or ordering a product. The information you provide is used by us to provide services, products or information.
- When you register on the Web Site, you may be required to give some personal information to generate your account, such as your first and last name and email address.
- We may collect your email address, first and last name, address and zip code if you register for an event on the Web Site.
- We may collect your email address if you sign up for an online newsletter.
- We may collect your email address if you contact us with a question.
(B) Non-Personally Identifiable Information and Cookies
“Non-Personally Identifiable Information” does NOT identify you personally. For example, we may conduct research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior based on the information provided to us from our server log files or from surveys. We do this to better understand and serve you. This research is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis. Like most web sites, when you use or access the Website or the Services, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. Examples of information included in such log files are: internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, username and pages visited. We may link and combine this automatically collected log information with the Personally identifiable information and other data we collect about you. We do this to improve our services, marketing analytics and functionality of the Website.
When you use or access the website or our services, we (and our advertisers, business partners, and other companies that help us render the services and operate and maintain the website) may, and may permit its partners to, place small data files on, or otherwise create and store a unique anonymous identifier that may be code, first-party or other cookies, beacons, pixel tags, scripts, flash cookies or other local storage provided by your browser or associated applications (collectively, “Cookies”).
We may use these Cookies to analyze trends, administer and track use of the Website, and to gather demographic information about our user-base as a whole. Moreover, we may use these technologies to: (a) recognize you; (b) verify your identity; (c) customize our services and advertising; (d) help ensure that your account security is not compromised; (e) collect traffic data, such as whether you are a new or returning visitor, the time stamp of your current visit to the website, and the referrer site or campaign that directed you to our services or products (e.g., search engine, keywords, banner or email); and (f) mitigate risk and prevent fraud through the services. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by third party companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis. We may also use third party services (such as Google Analytics) to help analyze how users use the Website and Services, and these third-party services may place Cookies on your device to collect certain internet log information and visitor behavior information in anonymous form.
(D) Do Not Track
If you have turned on your browsers “Do Not Track” signal, we will not track your activities on our Website, however, doing so may interfere with your use of the Services or features of the Website. Additionally, we will not place tracking cookies on any computer where the browser provides a “do-not-track” signal. However, if your settings block cookies and tracking, you may not be able to take advantage of the personalized features enjoyed by other users to our Web Site.
We also may collect non-personally identifiable information from you in order to customize your experience, fulfill your requests for information, and improve our services. We may provide this non-personally identifiable information to third parties. For example, we might inform third parties about the number of users of our Web Site and the activities they conduct while on the Web Site. We also may provide trusted partners with general information regarding our users and visitors.
Finally, Phifer may combine any public information you provide in any of the public areas on the Web Site with non-personally identifiable information to create aggregate data. This information may also be disclosed to third parties. Aggregate data does not contain any information that could be used to contact you or identify you personally.
II. Use and Disclosure of Personally Identifiable and Non-Personally Identifiable Information
(A) Personally Identifiable Information
We may use or share or disclose your personally identifiable information in the following instances:
- To deliver services or products, such as information or newsletters you request, or to complete or communicate with you about your account or transactions with you, and to offer customer support. We may use your personally identifiable information to contact you about products or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
- Resolve disputes, collect fees or enforce a service or product agreement, and to troubleshoot problems.
- To contact you in response to sign up forms such as Contact Us.
- To alert you to special offers, updated information and other new services from Phifer, or other third parties, or to forward promotional materials, or to send you newsletters.
- To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents or independent contractors who help us maintain our Web Site and provide other administrative services to us or that help us provide services or products to you (including, but not limited to, order processing and fulfillment, providing customer service, maintaining and analyzing data, sending customer communications on our behalf, and entry collection, financial and other institutions that provide the billing, payment processing, funds transfer and services necessary to facilitate the provision of services or products), or that provide associated services to you with our services (such as warranty repair providers).
- To affiliates, strategic partners, agents, third party marketers or other unaffiliated parties offering products or services that we believe may be of interest to you or who require your personally identifiable information for research, administrative and/or internal business purposes. These parties may use your personally identifiable information to contact you with an offer or advertisement related to a product or service, or they may use such information for their own research, administration or business purposes. If you do not want us to share your personally identifiable information in this manner, please do not provide us with this information.
- Service providers who help with our business operations, such as fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing and technology services.
- To ensure the Web Site is relevant to your needs.
- To help us create and publish content most relevant to you.
- To comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or property or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our end users.
- To third parties as part of any corporate reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, or sales of all or substantially all of our assets.
- To track and analyze non-identifying and aggregate usage and statistical information from our visitors and customers and provide such information to third parties.
- To handle any physical or other type of threat made to you or others, to protect property or to defend or assert legal rights.
(B) Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Non-personally identifiable information is used and disclosed as described above and in other ways as permitted by applicable laws, including combining non-personally identifiable information with personally identifiable information.
III. Your Choices:
If your Personally Identifiable Information changes, you may correct, update or request to have it deleted by emailing us at email@example.com or at the contact address listed at the end of this Notice. If we are requested to remove data, we will respond to the request in accordance with the provisions of the applicable service or product agreement (if applicable) within a reasonable time. Such policies or agreements or applicable law may prevent deletion of Personally Identifiable Information.
You may request not to receive newsletters, alerts, offers and promotions for our products and services, or products and services that we think may be of interest to you. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser. Although you are free to decline our Cookies if your browser permits, doing so may interfere with your use of the Services. For example, you may not be able to access certain aspects, or all, of the functionality of the Services if you decline, reject or delete Cookies, and may not be able to complete the log-in process at all, because we will be unable to authenticate you as an authorized user. Refer to the help section of your browser, browser add-on or extension, or installed applications for instructions on blocking, deleting or disabling Cookies.
California Privacy Rights: Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-.84, California residents may ask us for a notice (a) identifying the categories of personally identifiable information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and (b) providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please contact us at……..com.
IV Suggestions You Make to Us
V. Children Under the Age of 13
Neither Phifer nor its Web Site are designed or intended for children under the age of 13. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we actually know is under the age of 13.
VI. Links to Third Party Sites
VIII.How Phifer Handles Privacy and Security Internally
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to us is done at your own risk. We take commercially reasonable measures to ensure that your personally identifiable information remains secure.