Marine Flooring for Boats, Pontoons & More
What is Marine-Grade Flooring?
Sail into the sunset with expertly-woven boat flooring from Phifer, designed for years of enjoyment and beautification of your pontoon or other marine vessel. Marine-grade flooring from Phifer provides revolutionary boat flooring options to cover the decking of your boat for comfort, safety and style.
Our marine flooring begins with a super-tough fabric made of vinyl-coated polyester/olefin blend mesh. The yarn is then expertly woven into an extremely strong and dimensionally stable fabric. After weaving, Phifer’s marine-grade flooring fabric is bonded to a special marine backing to ensure that it is slip-resistant and moisture-wicking.
Where to Use Marine-Grade Flooring?
With its sturdy construction and attractive design, Phifer marine vinyl fabric lends itself to several applications for use on the open seas or when your boat is resting in the dock.
Replace an old, tired deck: The water is a demanding environment, particularly for exterior boat spaces and open boats such as pontoons. Over time, regular wear and tear, water damage and UV-related fading and deterioration can leave your deck looking and feeling subpar. When the time comes to replace your deck covering, marine vinyl fabric flooring from Phifer offers a range of high performance boat flooring options, which are more than tough enough to stay looking great, even in the harshest conditions.
Change the look and feel of your boat: Our vinyl boat and pontoon flooring is a premium alternative to more traditional choices like marine carpeting, and is available in a spectacular range of colors, weaves and textures. As a design upgrade, this boat flooring provides unlimited choice and customization. Whether you’re seeking something right on trend or a timeless classic look, you’ll find it in Phifer marine flooring. From dobby wicker weaves inspired by natural materials to eye-catching patterns and sophisticated designer neutrals, you can create a boat that truly matches your vision.
Features of Vinyl Marine Flooring
Phifer’s boat flooring materials are loaded with features to ensure that it lasts longer, looks more attractive and performs better than any marine flooring you’ve tried before.
- Durable: The intrinsic strength of woven PVC-coated polyester/olefin means that marine boat flooring won’t rip or tear, even under considerable stress. You can count on this material to withstand heavy use ... and the elements!
- Water Resistant: The PVC coating means that the fabric will not degrade when wet and dries quickly. When paired with the special backing material, our boat flooring material actually wicks away moisture, for a dry non-slip surface, no matter what the weather.
- Mold and Mildew Resistant: Phifer’s pontoon and boat flooring is infused with Microban®, making it especially perfect for those who like to fish. This special antimicrobial treatment is incorporated right into the fabric: it won’t wear off or wash away over the lifetime of the flooring. As a protective agent, Microban fights the common causes of wear deterioration in a wet environment: the mold, mildew and bacteria which can create staining, bad smells or weak spots.
- UV/Fade Resistant: We’ve all seen how quickly textiles used on a boat can fade and deteriorate after a summer of sunshine beating down. Boats put up with some very harsh UV exposure, and your boat flooring must be up to the challenge. Phifer’s marine flooring fabric has been designed to cope with UV rays to stay strong and vibrant for years.
- Made in the USA: Phifer manufactures and weaves its marine-grade flooring fabric in our facilities in Tuscaloosa, AL. The finest materials, a dedicated and experienced team of engineers and weavers, and a keen eye for design come together to create trusted, American-made quality.
- Slip Resistant: Phifer uses a large denier olefin yarn to help provide slip resistance and keep you steady while moving about on the boat. We add in olefin yarn because it’s made up of many fibers that help provide friction and reduce the risk of slip accidents which can be especially dangerous in a marine environment.
Marine Vinyl Fabric Flooring vs. Marine Carpet
When it comes to choosing a boat flooring for your pontoon or other watercraft, you should consider the pros and cons of all marine flooring materials. Phifer’s vinyl boat flooring material makes an excellent choice for a variety of reasons.
- Won’t get waterlogged. Unlike carpet, marine-grade flooring doesn’t hold water -- that means no more unpleasant squishing underfoot! Thanks to its moisture-wicking ways and Microban treatment, there’s no fear of your flooring developing mold or mildew -- a common marine carpet complaint.
- No unpleasant odors. The PVC coating means that you don’t have to worry about musty or fishy odors building up, the way you do with marine carpeting.
- More colors, more design choices! Phifer’s marine-grade flooring offers so much more choice in color and design than you’ll find available in conventional marine carpet. Our master weavers come up with new designs every year, so there’s always something fresh to see.
- Snag-free flooring. It won’t snag fish hooks like carpet can, something you’ll appreciate if you’ve ever had an afternoon of fishing interrupted by a stuck hook and tangled line.
- Stain resistant and easy-to-clean. Marine-grade flooring is stain resistant and much easier to clean and maintain than carpet...more on this below!
Maintenance of Marine-Grade Flooring
Keeping your marine-grade flooring looking great is super simple: a quick mop with a solution made of water and dish detergent will do the trick. It’s stain resistant and non-absorbent, so it won’t hang on to spills and smells. Life on a boat can be messy, no question about it, so if you’re concerned that a particular spill could cause trouble, consult our comprehensive cleaning and stain treatment guide.
How to Find Phifer's Marine-Grade Flooring
Our marine-grade flooring is manufactured on a custom basis and supplied to leading boat manufacturers and installers.
If you need assistance locating a supplier to connect with your pontoon boat flooring installer, we can help. Please get in touch if you have more questions about Phifer’s marine-grade flooring fabrics. We are more than happy to answer your queries over email, phone or live chat.
You deserve the best for your boat, and Phifer is committed to providing the information, education and fabric you need to fulfill your vision.