Different people have different needs when it comes to buying screening. Do you have a house full of rowdy kids and frisky pets? Do you live in an area plagued by small bugs, high winds or strong sun rays? These factors, as well as personal aesthetics or even a desire to cut back on home energy bills, may influence the type of screening you choose. Phifer is here to make it as easy and painless as possible to find insect screening with the features you need.
Not all screens are alike. That’s why Phifer manufactures a wide selection of screening, each with unique features that speak to what matters most to you. Check out some of the features we offer to help narrow your search:
- Durability – Need a screen that’s able to stand up to the elements — and maybe your kids roughhousing and occasionally knocking each other into it? Look to Phifer’s line of durable screening. Select screening products are infused with Microban®, making them resistant to mold and mildew which can wear away at your screen over time.
- Privacy – For better daytime privacy on screened-in porches and pool enclosures and to guard against nosy neighbors peering into your windows, Phifer privacy screens are made from tightly-woven mesh in a variety of materials.
- Visibility – If maintaining a view of your surroundings is important, take a look at our line of screens that offer greater outward visibility. Stay protected from insects while enjoying a crystal-clear view.
- Sun Protection – If your property is in an area that receives a lot of sun, UV rays can heat (or overheat your home) and fade furnishings. Phifer’s sun protection screening keeps insects and solar rays out of your home — and saves you up to 25 percent on your energy bills, too!
- Pet Protection – Made from pet-safe materials, our pet screens are able to withstand clawing and pawing from even the most excitable cats and dogs. These tear-resistant screens keep bugs and prevent wild animals like squirrels and raccoons from getting in.
- Protection from Small Insects – If you live in an area affected by small insects such as no-see-ums, sand flies and gnats, you’ll need screening that keeps tiny pests out of your home. Take a look at Phifer’s line of small insect screening.
- Airflow – If ventilation and enjoying a fresh breeze is a priority for you, look to Phifer for GREENGUARD Certified screens that improve indoor air quality while keeping your home free from bugs.
Why Are Phifer Screens the Best?
It’s a bold claim to say Phifer screens are the best, but it’s something we feel strongly about. Our screens are expertly-woven and make use of the latest innovations in insect screening, giving you more options to choose from. Whether you’re looking for a window screen, material for a screened porch, or a door screen, people have relied on Phifer for quality for more than 60 years — and we’re still going strong!
Ready to meet the needs of residential and retail customers, Phifer offers screening for new installs or to help you repair an older screen. Our screening products include:
- Window screens
- Door screens
- Screened-in porches and patios
- Screening for lanais, gazebos or three-season rooms
- Pool enclosures and cages
Our screening comes in a variety of widths and roll lengths. We also offer different configurations of mesh to correspond to your need for more privacy, better ventilation or protection from the smallest of insects.
Phifer screening products are made entirely in the USA from high quality materials. In addition to protection from insects, each material offers its own unique benefits. Our screening materials include:
- Polyester – Versatile and resilient, our vinyl-coated polyester screening is tear- and puncture-resistant.
- Bronze – Preserve the elegance of a historic home with durable bronze. This material weathers to a deep, burnished finish over time.
- Aluminum – Easy to clean with simple soap and water, aluminum screening is both rust-proof and sag-proof.
- Fiberglass – Affordable and strong, vinyl-coated fiberglass comes with the added benefit of keeping your home cooler.
- Stainless Steel – If getting a better, clearer view of your surroundings is a priority, rust-proof stainless steel offers greater outward visibility and excellent airflow.
Choosing Phifer Screen
When it comes to choosing a screen that protects your home from insects, it’s important to do your homework. Whether you’re repairing worn, torn or damaged screening or simply upgrading to more durable screening that meets your specific needs, you can look to Phifer to help you make the right choice.
Have questions? Talk to us! While some people are more comfortable researching screening online, sometimes it’s helpful to have a little friendly reassurance that you’re making the right decision. Get in touch with us via phone or email and we’ll be happy to answer your questions about insect screening in real time.
Once you know what you want, you can find Phifer products online or in brick-and- mortar stores throughout the USA. Or, ask us for a local company who can help you with your screening project. We’d be delighted to connect you to a trusted local dealer who can install your new Phifer screen for you.