“So, what are you made of?” It’s a question that’s often asked when someone wonders if you’re up for a specific challenge and to determine if you’ve “got the stuff” to get it done. And that’s a question you should be asking of Phifer and our screening when deciding which of our products is right for your door, window, porch, pool, or patio screening project.
It’s a fair question because, when it comes to screening, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. Phifer manufactures insect screening in the largest array of materials in the U.S., and our products are known as the standard for the industry. Our selection of materials is designed to meet any of your needs — right now and in the years ahead.
Depending on the features you’re looking for, screening is manufactured differently. Some feature a tighter weave, while others offer a more open weave. But before the weaving and manufacturing process, it all starts with materials. Let’s take a look at some of the materials Phifer uses in our screening:
What Are You Made Of? : Materials Used in Phifer Screening Products
- Commercial Bronze – For historic homes and structures, it’s often a requirement that historically-accurate materials be used in all fixtures and architectural accents. Sturdy bronze screening offers an attractive solution that ages beautifully over time.
- Fiberglass – Tough, yet flexible, vinyl-coated fiberglass screening can be used in a variety of screening projects and applications, from windows to pool cages and enclosures. Extremely versatile, fiberglass is used in many of our most popular products, including solar protection screening and our No-See-Ums (20×20) Mesh screening that offers reliable protection against small insects.
- Aluminum – Strong, low-maintenance, and rust-resistant, aluminum screening won’t sag over time and screening products made from this material offer good ventilation, protection from tiny bugs and high outward visibility for a crystal-clear view.
- Stainless Steel – Excellent for use in high traffic areas, rust-proof stainless steel is made of fine wire that makes it a great choice for when you want a picturesque view with excellent airflow and durability. Safe for use with pressure-treated lumber.
- Polyester – Sturdy, water-resistant, chemical-resistant and capable of withstanding high temperatures, vinyl-coated polyester mesh screening is a great option for sun protection, as well as a super-strong choice for active households and protection from pets and critters.
For more than 60 years, Phifer has built a reputation — and our insect screening — on a firm foundation steeped in continuous innovation alongside expert weaving and manufacturing practices.
Beyond making high quality insect screening, we’re committed to helping you find the right screen that works for your specific needs. While many find it easier to research which screening is best for them online, we understand that some people would prefer to speak to a friendly voice on the other end of the phone to guide them through the process. If you have questions, talk to us! Phifer representatives are available via phone, live chat, or email to answer your questions about insect screening.
We can even help you find Phifer products online or in a store near you! Need a professional to help with installation? We can also help connect you with a trusted local dealer to install your new Phifer screening for you. Our goal is to make sure you are happy with your choice of insect screening and that it provides you with attractive, reliable protection for years to come.