The Best Window Treatments for Your Commercial or Office Space
In addition to creating an environment that is both functional and inspiring, commercial buildings may have strict building codes and requirements for materials used on the interior to ensure it is a safe space for staff and visitors alike.
From schools to hotels to hospitals, Phifer manufactures SheerWeave® fabrics for commercial window shades that meet the highest standards for safety in commercial environments while promoting the use of natural daylighting and improving the function of office spaces.
Most SheerWeave products are compliant with commercial building material standards while providing all of the benefits of solar shading. SheerWeave® fabrics offer a wide variety of options to create custom commercial window treatments that fit any size window for any working or service environment, including:
- Office Window Treatments - SheerWeave products are engineered to maintain comfortable temperatures, reducing solar heat gain and “hot spots” in workspaces and conference rooms. Glare reduction properties help eliminate eye strain at the computer, and total light blocking fabrics are ideal for enhancing the use of a space for presentations. These fabrics also provide an added sense of confidentiality when privacy is a priority.
- School - SheerWeave’s sun control properties make it an ideal fabric to create commercial solar shades in schools, creating a more comfortable learning environment by managing solar heat gain. Select SheerWeave fabrics are infused with Microban® antimicrobial protection to help control bacteria, mold, and mildew.
- Hospital - SheerWeave fabrics help maintain a comfortable room temperature as solar heat and glare are managed while patients recover. Additionally, choosing a style of SheerWeave infused with Microban can help maintain a more sterile environment.
- Hotel / Hospitality Industry - SheerWeave fabrics create a sense of luxury and uniformity throughout a hotel as they allow outward views while managing harsh solar heat and glare or total light blockage when needed. These fabrics are durable and easy to maintain. SheerWeave’s sun control properties can also help reduce building-wide energy costs.
- Restaurant - SheerWeave fabrics infused with Microban® offer added protection from bacteria, mold and mildew in restaurant environments. For restaurants with outdoor seating, Phifer Exterior Sun Control Products can provide shade as well as added protection from insects while dining. For indoor-only establishments, all SheerWeave fabrics are easy-to-clean in the event of spills as well as offer a host of other benefits.
Benefits of SheerWeave Fabrics for Commercial Window Shades
Each style of SheerWeave fabric offers its own specific benefits to commercial environments, meeting or exceeding the rigorous specifications demanded by service industries.
- Maintain Comfortable Temperatures - In addition to saving on energy costs, SheerWeave fabrics are engineered to help maintain more comfortable temperatures by managing solar heat gain. SheerWeave energy efficient fabrics help to eliminate hot spots in rooms that can worsen during the winter or during hours when the sun is lower in the sky.
- Reduce energy costs - Commercial window treatments fabricated with SheerWeave can help reduce energy costs and reduce the demand on HVAC systems. For an excellent option that is LEED Material Ingredient Disclosure Credit Eligible, consider our SheerWeave® 8000 -- a Cradle to Cradle Certified™ Bronze product that, like all SheerWeave fabrics, reduces solar heat gain and maintains outward views while making effective use of natural light.
- Anti-Microbial - More than 25 styles in the SheerWeave line of fabrics are infused with Microban® antimicrobial protection, an additive that inhibits the growth of mold, mildew and bacteria and also controls unpleasant odors resulting from these substances. SheerWeave anti-microbial fabrics blend form and function, helping keep your shades cleaner for longer in commercial environments where public health is of the utmost concern.
- Better daytime privacy - When privacy and confidentiality matters, our 4901 & 4903 and 4800 lines offer improved privacy during daylight hours while allowing outward views.
Finding the Right SheerWeave Fabric For Your Business or Commercial Property
Feature-rich SheerWeave fabrics can be used in a variety of applications, making them an ideal choice for commercial window treatments. Contact us online or via phone to speak with a Phifer representative who can help you select the best SheerWeave option for your enterprise.