The Best Living Room Window Treatments for Large Windows and Living Room Solar Shades
Whether your living room is a cozy family den, a polished space for entertaining, or a little bit of both, a lot of time and effort goes into making it a comfortable and attractive place to be. Afterall, this is a room where a lot of living takes place. It’s the spot where you collapse on the couch to unwind after a long day at work, where you gather the family for a movie marathon on a rainy Saturday afternoon, and where long, lazy Sunday mornings are dawdled away over your coffee and paper. It’s the setting for celebrations, relaxation and quality time with the people you love most.
You’ve picked out the perfect carpet, furniture and decor to make your living room a haven, but there’s one more addition that can ramp up the comfort level even more while making sure your furnishings stay looking vibrant and new. Phifer’s SheerWeave® fabrics for living room solar shades are engineered to protect your space from damaging UV rays that can cause premature fading, as well as reduce energy costs.
What to Look for in Material for Living Room Shades?
When you’re looking for material to purpose into shades for living room windows, it needs to strike a balance between form and function. Each of our SheerWeave interior fabrics has its own special qualities and features that can make it an ideal fit for your specific requirements, including:
- Sun and Temperature Control - A sun-facing living room with big picture windows is a delight but, at certain times throughout the day, the glare can be blinding, making it impossible to read or see your TV or laptop screen. Big windows can also spike your energy costs, when those rays beaming through the window on a sweltering summer afternoon heat up the whole room. Similarly, those same UV rays can diminish the beautiful colors of your beloved couch and throw cushions. When selecting living room window treatments for large windows, SheerWeave has you covered. All of our fabrics are energy efficient, and with a wide range of openness factors and solar heat gain coefficients (SHGC), you can choose a high performance SheerWeave fabric that perfectly serves your unique living room.
- The Freedom to Design a Space That’s Yours - The high-end technical specifications of the SheerWeave family of fabrics are only half the story. These are design-led fabrics available in a stunning array of colors and patterns.Whether you’re looking for a soft, soothing neutral to serve as the perfect backdrop(have a peek at the 2410, 4903, 2703, and the super eco-friendly 4000 and 4400 series)or a richly textured jacquard to offset your decor (check out our lovely 5000 Series), you can find a SheerWeave fabric that speaks to your design sensibilities.Custom living room window treatments can transform the way a room looks and feels, and with SheerWeave fabrics, you have virtually endless options to play with. Our materials can be used to create roll-up, pleated and folding shades, panel tracks, Roman shades, vertical blinds, and more.
- Easy- to-Care-For, Easy-to-Clean - Dirt and dust are a part of everyday life -- and if you have kids or pets at home, that’s doubly true! Who wants to spend their precious time at home painstakingly cleaning and maintaining finicky fabrics? All of Phifer’sSheer Weave materials are simple to clean: an occasional wipe-down will keep them looking fresh and beautiful.
- Better Indoor Air Quality - Keep your family safe and healthy by limiting their exposure to Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs). Frequently released by furnishings and fabrics in a processes called “off-gassing,” VOCs can cause irritation and illnesses such as asthma, migraines and more. All SheerWeave fabrics are GREENGUARD® GoldCertified, adhering to the strictest standards for low emissions of VOCs for improved indoor air quality.
Additional Benefits of Using SheerWeave Fabrics in Your Living Room
We can help you choose a SheerWeave fabric that has all the features and benefits you need for your unique living room.
- Improved Daytime Privacy - It’s hard to relax in your living room if you feel like you’re in a fishbowl. With the right SheerWeave fabric, you can draw the shades for some privacy from the outside world and still be able to see what’s going on outdoors. For a fabric that lets plenty of soft natural light filter through, the 2360 Series ensures that you can see out, but they can’t see in. If you’d like to block more light (an amazing 99% of UV rays, in fact) try the 4800 Series, which offers exceptional privacy benefits and has been approved by the Melanoma International Foundation as a notable sun-safe fabric.
- Antimicrobial - If you live in a damp climate or notice a lot of condensation on your living room windows, your living room window treatments could be at risk for unsightly mildew and mold. Many SheerWeave Products have been infused with Microban® protection, a cutting-edge antimicrobial treatment that arrests the growth of mold, mildew and bacteria.
Choosing the Best SheerWeave Fabric for Your Ideal Living Room
When you first start exploring the SheerWeave family of fabrics, the choice and variety available can be a bit overwhelming. With so many features to choose from, how can you make sure you’ve got the right one for you? Don’t worry, we’re here to help. All you need to do is contact us with your questions! We’ve got this, and we’ll be more than happy to give you answers, walk you through your options, and offer some friendly advice either online or over the phone.